Seems there will be a new "Collaborative Governance Council" at the Minnesota State Legislature. According to Minnesota's Revisor of Statutes, the participants (not all known to be friendly to pay equity) are:
(1) League of Minnesota Cities;
(2) Minnesota Association of Townships;
(3) Association of Minnesota Counties;
(4) Minnesota School Board Association;
(5) American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees Council 5;
(6) Education Minnesota;
(7) Service Employees International Union; and
(8) the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
.....and their purpose is:
(a) The council shall develop
recommendations to the governor and the legislature designed to increase collaboration
in government. These recommendations may include, but are not limited to, strategies,
policies, or other actions focused on the following:
(1) the review of statutes, laws, and rules that slow or prevent collaboration efforts;
(2) the use of collaboration to improve the delivery of governmental services;
(3) the use of technology to connect entities and share information, including
(4) the modernization of financial transactions and their oversight by facilitating
credit and debit card transactions, electronic funds, transfers, and electronic data
(5) the creation of model forms for joint power agreements.
The Pay Equity Coalition of Minnesota will monitor this group in order to protect pay equity statutes in Minnesota.