1. For the StarTribune Minneapolis Public School Article and the Pay Equity Coalition of Minnesota’s response:
2. The St. Louis Fed’s article regarding a dip in the 2nd quarter wage gap numbers with reasons for the wage gap. We caution the use of the word ‘choice’ in terms of employment. Women choose to be nurses, teachers, administrators rather than executives and engineers. Yes….to a certain extent. I often call this rationale for paying women less than men the ‘let them be plumbers’ argument.
3. Stereotypes: Excerpts from Malcolm Gladwell’s book Blink can be found by clicking here
4. Catalyst research on the gender wage gap from Current Population Survey 2009 can be found by clicking here
5. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Women’s Earnings by Industry 2009 is here.